Health Savings Account
Health Savings Account (HSA) – a checking account used to pay or reimburse qualified medical expenses (outlined in IRS Publication 502 or at irs.gov) for those individuals covered by a high-deductible health plan.* Accounts afford certain tax benefits and are owned and maintained by an individual only.
- No monthly maintenance fees
- HSA debit card provided
- Bill Pay service available
- HSA checks available for purchase
- Pre-tax and tax deductible contributions
- Competitive interest rates
- Earnings accumulate tax-free
- Distributions are tax-free when used for qualified medical expenses
- HSA balances rollover from year to year, allowing savings to accumulate to help cover future qualified medical expenses
*for 2016, the IRS has designated HDHP (high deductible health plans) as those requiring an annual deductible no less than $1,300 for single coverage, and no less than $2,600 for family coverage
Free services available with all checking accounts
- Standard ATM/debit card at account opening
- ATMs at all NBM locations
- Select Falcon ATMs throughout Vermont
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking (standard cell-phone fees apply)
- Direct Deposit
- Direct Payments
- Combined Statements
Other account information
- There is a $25 initial deposit needed at account opening.
- Set-up fee $25
- There will be an early closure fee on accounts open less than one year.
- Other fees and charges that may apply are outlined in our Fee Schedule
Applying for your Health Savings Account
To open your new NBM account, continue to the application tab (above) with the following information ready:
- Social Security Number(s) and date(s) of birth for name(s) on account
- Phone number and email address
- Physical address (no post office boxes)
- School information if you are a student
- Your license or passport information
Why do we ask for identity information for each account holder?
To prevent identity theft.
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information for each person who opens an account. To help us verify your identity and reduce the risk of someone else attempting to open an account in your name, we may ask you to provide additional information or identifying documents for the purpose of verifying your identity.
Account Application Form
* denotes a required field.