Why open a Health Savings Account (HSA)?
Pre-tax and tax deductible contributions
HSA contributions can help lower your income taxes.
Earnings accumulate tax-free
Interest earned on your HSA is not taxed.
Distributions are tax-free when used for qualified medical expenses
Visit irs.gov to see what expenses qualify.
No monthly or annual maintenance fees
That’s right, we won’t charge you just for having your account here!
HSA balances roll over from year to year
No need to spend all your HSA money in one year, you can carry over your balance for future medical expenses.
Free services included in every checking account
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Mobile Deposit
- Debit or ATM only card
- Bill Pay
- Direct deposit and auto debit
- eStatements and combined statements
To open your new NBM account, we will need the following information.
- Social Security number and date of birth for all individuals on the account
- Phone number and email address
- Physical address (no post office boxes)
- Debit card or account for funding the initial deposit for your new account
- License or passport information for all individuals on the account
- School information if you are a student
- A $25 initial deposit is required at account opening unless otherwise indicated.
- Set-up fee is $25 (waived if not ordering checks)
- Early closure fee on accounts open less than one year
- Other fees and charges that may apply are outlined in our Fee Schedule.