Benefits of mobile deposit
Easy and convenient
If you have a mobile phone or tablet with a camera, you can deposit checks through the NBM Mobile App.
Quick access to the money
Funds will be credited to your account the same day or next business day.
View images of your deposited checks right in online banking and the mobile app.
Follow these quick and easy steps:
- Sign in to your NBM mobile banking app.
- Tap on the ‘Deposit Check’ icon.
- Endorse your check. Under your signature, write ‘For Mobile Deposit Only to NBM.’
- Choose the account you wish to make the deposit in.
- Enter the amount you are depositing.
- Tap on ‘Front Image’. Take a photo of the front of the check, making sure to include all edges of the check. Make sure there is contrast between your check and the background, it is in focus and well lit.
- If it’s clear, accept the image.
- Repeat this process for the back of the check.
- Tap ‘Next’ to review your deposit information. If correct, confirm it.
- That’s it! You can check the status of your deposits from within ‘Deposit Check History’.
Frequently asked questions
If a mobile deposit is approved:
- Deposits before 4:00pm on a business day will be credited to your account the same day during the nightly update.
- Deposits after 4:00pm or on a non-business day will be credited the next business day during the nightly update.
Yes, there is a daily deposit limit of $2500.
No, there is no bank fee for this service.
You check must be endorsed with your signature, account number, and ‘For Mobile Deposit Only to NBM.’ The images of the check must be legible (both front and back).
It is best to hold onto the check until you see it credited to your account. Sometimes a mobile deposit can be rejected if the images are not clear enough, the check is not endorsed properly, the name doesn’t match the account holder, or any other reason we may reject a check. Once the check has been approved and credited to your account, you should securely shred the check.
The menu options shown in digital banking are based on the screen size, so you may see options visible that are not available on your device. For example, if you sign in using the mobile browser version of digital banking, you may see the Deposit Check button, but it will only work in the app. You must have an up-to-date Apple or Android phone with an updated version of the NBM App in order to make mobile deposits. If you are unsure, please contact us.
In the NBM app, tap Deposit Check, then tap Deposit Check History.
Zelle® brings you a fast, safe and easy way to send and receive money
We have partnered with Zelle®, available right from online and mobile banking send and receive money with friends, family and other people you trust.
Convenient purchasing on-the-go
Use your device to make payments in-store, online or in-app at any merchant who accepts wallet transactions.
Access and pay your bills in one spot
Organize all your bills and have payments sent out on time, every time.