Why open a savings account for your child?
Teaches the importance of saving
Teach them the importance of saving now and set them on a path for lifelong fiscal responsibility
Your child can watch their savings grow over time!
You’re in control
As a parent on the account, you can view your child’s account in your online banking. You can also set up automatic transfers or get a debit card for your child if you choose.
Free services included with every savings account
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Mobile Deposit
- Debit or ATM only card
- Bill Pay
- Direct deposit and auto debit
- eStatements and combined statements
To open your new NBM account, we will need the following information.
- Social Security number and date of birth for all individuals on the account
- Phone number and email address
- Physical address (no post office boxes)
- Debit card or account for funding the initial deposit for your new account
- License or passport information for all individuals on the account
- School information if you are a student
An initial deposit of any amount is required at account opening unless otherwise indicated. An early closure fee may apply (on accounts open less than one year)
Other fees and charges that may apply are outlined in our Fee Schedule.*
*This link opens a PDF. Click here to download Adobe PDF Reader.