Pay for purchases using funds from your account without writing checks. Use anywhere MasterCard is accepted – online or in-person. You can also use your NBM Debit Card at ATMs worldwide. All debit card transactions are listed on your monthly checking account statement and viewable right away in Online Banking and the NBM App. Enroll in our free text-alert service or download the NBM Card Control app to help guard you against debit card fraud.
Ways to Use Your NBM Debit Card
- Tap-to-Pay: Wherever you see the Tap-to-Pay icon (pictured at right), you can pay using with your NBM debit card just by holding it above the terminal. A temporary code will be given to the merchant instead of your card number to help protect against fraud.
- Insert Chip: Just insert your card into the slot on the payment terminal. Just like tap-to-pay, the chip on your card will provide the merchant with a temporary code instead of your card number.
- Swipe: NBM debit cards have a magnetic strip for use at older terminals that do not provide the insert chip or tap-to-pay options. This is the least secure payment method as it provides your actual card number to the merchant.
- Online: You can use your NBM Debit Card for online shopping and services. Just enter your card information where prompted. Make sure to only use your debit card on reputable sites!
- Mobile Wallet: You can add your NBM debit card to your Mobile Wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay). This allows you to easily pay online or in-person with your smart device wherever you see the Tap-to-Pay icon. Learn More
NBM Card Control App
The NBM Card Control app puts you in control of your debit card. You can:
- Turn your debit card on or off
- Set up alerts and controls on your debit card
- Submit travel notifications
- View recent and pending transactions
- View account details
Card registration is easy from any mobile device, and access is secure and protected by multi-factor authentication. Download the app today!
Debit Card FAQs
Yes! Anytime you travel, please contact us at 877-508-8455 or 802-388-4982 so we can add a travel exclusion to your debit card. We will need to know the locations and dates of travel. You can also add a travel alert to your debit card using the NBM Card Control app.
If we are unaware that you are traveling and cannot get in touch with you using our current contact information, a temporary block may be placed on your debit card if used outside your normal practice. This is to help prevent fraudulent charges to your account.
Yes, all debit cards have withdrawal limits for the ATM and Point of Sale (POS). Limits are subject to change. Please contact us at 877-508-8455 or 802-388-4982 if you would like to know your limits. We can also temporarily raise your limits for a large purchase or withdrawal. Just let us know ahead of time!
Contact us immediately at 877-508-8455 or 802-388-4982 so we can cancel your card. If needed, we can start dispute paperwork to get the unauthorized charges reversed.
We automatically will send you a replacement debit card the month yours is expiring. Please watch your mail for your replacement card towards the end of the month. If you do not receive your card by the end of the month your card expires, please call us at 877-508-8455 or 802-388-4982.
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay are trademarks of Apple, Google, and Samsung, respectively. The Tap-to-Pay icon (Contactless Symbol) is a logo owned by EMVCo, LLC.