New Horizons Checking
Designed for those celebrating 50 or more birthdays.
- No minimum balance required
- Tiered interest rates—interest credited monthly
- First order of 50 duplicate checks provided by NBM on first time accounts with NBM at no cost
- No monthly service charge
Please note: $100 initial deposit at account opening. Early closure fees apply on accounts open less than a year. Other fees and charges may apply.
Free services available with all checking accounts
- Standard ATM/debit card at account opening
- ATMs at all NBM locations
- Select Falcon ATMs throughout Vermont
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking (standard cell-phone fees apply)
- Direct Deposit
- Direct Payments
- Combined Statements
Other account information
- There will be an early closure fee on accounts open less than one year
- Other fees and charges that may apply are outlined in our Fee Schedule
Applying for your New Horizons Checking account
To open your new NBM account, continue to the application tab (above) with the following information ready:
- Social Security Number(s) and date(s) of birth for name(s) on account
- Phone number and email address
- Physical address (no post office boxes)
- School information if you are a student
- Your license or passport information
If you are an existing customer of NBM, and wish to convert your current account to a New Horizons checking account, call 877-508-8455 and a Customer Service representative will convert your account without changing your account number.
Why do we ask for identity information for each account holder?
To prevent identity theft.
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information for each person who opens an account. To help us verify your identity and reduce the risk of someone else attempting to open an account in your name, we may ask you to provide additional information or identifying documents for the purpose of verifying your identity.Those who bank with National Bank of Middlebury get more than quality banking, they get quality advice. Learn more »