With Mobile Deposit, you can securely and conveniently deposit checks to your National Bank of Middlebury accounts via the NBM Mobile App. Using a camera-enabled smartphone or tablet, you can make the deposit anytime, anywhere—no need to visit a branch, drive to an ATM or mail in a check!
Watch our short how-to video to get started:
OR follow these quick and easy steps:
- Sign in to your NBM mobile banking app.
- Tap on the ‘Deposit’ icon and choose the ‘Deposit Check’ option.
- Endorse your check. Under your signature, write ‘For Mobile Deposit Only to NBM.’
- Choose the account you wish to make the deposit in.
- Enter the amount you are depositing.
- Click on ‘Front Image’. Take a photo of the front of the check, making sure to include all edges of the check. Make sure there is contrast between your check and the background, it is in focus and well lit.
- If it’s clear, accept the image.
- Repeat this process for the back of the check.
- Click ‘Next’ to review your deposit information. If correct, confirm it.
- That’s it! You can check the status of your deposits from within ‘Deposit Check History’.
A few things to remember:
- Check must be endorsed with your signature, account number, and ‘For Mobile Deposit Only to NBM.’
- The images of the check must be legible (both front and back).
- Deposits before 4:00pm on a business day will be credited to your account the same day during the nightly update.
- Deposits after 4:00pm or on a non-business day will be credited the next business day during the nightly update.
- There is a daily deposit limit of $2500.
- There is no charge for this service for personal accounts. Business accounts are charged $0.50 per deposit.
Don’t have the NBM app already? Download it here:
These buttons take you off-site and should be accessed from your phone or tablet.