Your account, your way. Select Checking is a flexible account that offers customization to fit your life. Simply choose the account options that suit your preferences and lifestyle, and enjoy the convenience of custom banking.
Included with your Select Checking account
- No minimum balance required*
- No monthly service charge
- ATM Only (n/c)
- Debit Card (n/c)
- ATMs at all branch locations, plus a free ATM on the Middlebury College campus for Middlebury College students and faculty/staff (n/c)
- Mobile banking (n/c)
- Mobile Deposit (n/c)
- Online banking (n/c)
- Bill pay (n/c)
- Direct deposit (n/c)
- Auto debit (n/c)
- Non-NBM ATM Fees waived ($6.50/month)
- Telebank (n/c)
- Online (n/c)
- Paper ($5.00/month)
- Image statements ($10.00/month)
- Combined statements (n/c)
- Competitive (variable/tiered) interest on balances $5,000 to $250,000
*$100 minimum deposit to open account
Applying for your Select Checking account
To open your new NBM account, start your application from the “apply now” button below. You will need the following information:
- Social Security Number(s) and date(s) of birth for name(s) on account
- Phone number and email address
- Mailing address
- Physical address (if different from mailing address)
- ID Number (from either license, passport, or non-driver ID)
Please click the button below to securely begin your application process online.
To apply for a Select Checking account for a child under 18, click here.
- There will be an early closure fee on accounts open less than one year
- Other fees and charges that may apply are outlined in our Fee Schedule
Why do we ask for identity information for each account holder?
To prevent identity theft.
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information for each person who opens an account. To help us verify your identity and reduce the risk of someone else attempting to open an account in your name, we may ask you to provide additional information or identifying documents for the purpose of verifying your identity.