Join us for an upcoming event!
Song Birds, Seaside and Stonehenge… Migrate to Plum Island!
Day 1: Our travel begins with a visit to Canterbury Shaker Village, a historic site and museum in Canterbury, NH. Embark on a self-guided tour and then enjoy an included picnic-style lunch. We continue to the village of Hampton, where we arrive at the historic Lamie’s Inn and enjoy a welcome reception and included dinner at the Old Salt Tavern.
Day 2: Arrive at Plum Island, a beautiful barrier island teeming with birds and wildlife. This guided tour is timed to coincide with the great spring northern bird migration of songbirds and waterfowl passing Plum Island, one of the finest bird-watching destinations in the eastern U.S. Our guide and naturalist will take us to the best areas to view the birds and provide expert information. Later, travel to the charming seaport town of Newburyport where two guides in period dress walk us through centuries of history. This tour concludes at a waterside restaurant for lunch on your own.
Afterword, enjoy a guided kayak trip through the calm waterways and quiet marshes along the Merrimack River, Joppa Flats, Parker River National Wildlife Refuge and Plum Island Sound. Later, relax at the Inn before visiting the classic beach resort, Hampton Beach for an included dinner served shore-side.
Day 3: Travel to Salem and experience one of the most unique and mysterious sites you will encounter – America’s Stonehenge! Next, visit Fuller Gardens, a turn of the century estate by the sea. We continue on scenic Route 1A and arrive in picturesque Portsmouth, a historic seaport and one of the great maritime cities of the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. Enjoy lunch on your own and explore the vibrant arts and shopping scene. Next, it’s time to sit back and relax for a scenic boat cruise complete with champagne! This evening, enjoy a traditional New England Clambake!
Day 4: Depart for home with a stop in Woodstock for a little browsing and lunch on your own.
sign up today* back to events
This link opens a PDF, click here to get Adobe PDF Reader.
Start Date: May 19th, 2019
End Date: May 22nd, 2019
Where: Massachusets and New Hampshire
Times: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Cost:$1248.00 per person, double occupancy
$1495.00 per person, single occupancy
- 3 Nights at Laramie’s Inn or similiar
- 7 meals: 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners, including a traditional New England Clambake
- Admission to Canterbury Shaker Village, NH
- Welcome wine and cheese reception
- Mass Audubon guided Plum Island bird watching tour
- Guided Newburyport history tour with hors d’oeuvres and historic cocktails
- Time to shop in Newburyport
- Guided kayaking tour through the quiet marshes and waterways along the Merrimack River, Joppa Flats, the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge and Plum Island Sound
- Visit to Hampton beach with time to explore an enjoy an included dinner shore-side
- Admission to America’s Stonehenge
- Admission to Fuller Gardens
- Time in Portsmouth to explore the vibrant arts, cultural and shopping scene.
- Scenic cruise with champagne toast
- Time to shop and explore in Woodstock, VT
- Round-trip motor coach transportation
- Baggage handling for one piece of luggage per traveler
- Trip cancellation insurance, all taxes and gratuities
Deposit of $350.00 per person due February 19
Final Payment due by March 26