- Date: June 3, 2024 - June 8, 2024
- Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Location: Philadelphia, Lancaster & Gettysburg, PA
- Cost: $1815.00 per person double occupancy, $2290.00 per person single occupancy
- Deposits: $500.00 per person
- Deadlines: Sign up & deposit due March 28.
- RSVP: RSVP here or call Kim at 802-388-1632 or email [email protected]
Great news…our deadline has been extended and you have until March 25th to join us. However, I wouldn’t wait too long, we still need to meet our minimum number of travelers for this trip to go!
We will travel via deluxe motor coach to Pennsylvania, the second state to be admitted to the Union in 1787. We’ll check in for two nights at our centrally located Philadelphia hotel before enjoying a wonderful welcome dinner.
Our day starts with our local step-on guide highlighting the most historic square mile in the United States. Sites include the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, Christ Church and Elfreth’s Alley! Enjoy lunch on your own at Reading Terminal Market, which opened its doors in 1893. This afternoon, visit the inspiring Museum of the American Revolution. See their impressive collection of artifacts and its crown jewel, General George Washington’s War Tent. The evening is on your own to choose from an assortment of restaurants near the hotel.
Today we leave behind the hustle and bustle of Philadelphia for a ride out to the idyllic countryside of Lancaster County. Arrive at Kitchen Kettle Village for lunch on your own, enjoy some authentic Pennsylvania Dutch Country shopping, homemade food, specialty shops and more. Continue on with our local step-on guide and venture out to the “Roads Less Traveled” through the heart of the Amish Farmlands. See picturesque scenery along with one-room schoolhouses, windwheels, Amish “phone booths” and farmers working the fields with their mule-drawn plows. Stop at an Amish Quilt & Craft Shop, right on an Amish Farm. Then it’s time to check in to our hotel for two nights. Freshen up and prepare for a memorable experience this evening, as we are welcomed into a real Amish home for an authentic Amish dinner.
Our tour continues in Lancaster with our local step-on guide for a unique presentation reviving the old art of chalk talk. It’s an inspiring event that you’ll never forget! Visit the charming small town of Lititz for lunch on your own. This afternoon, take our reserved seats at the state-of-the-art Sight & Sound Theatre for the premier of Daniel! Afterwards, indulge yourself at the extensive Grand Smorgasbord at the new Hershey Farm Restaurant.
Today we travel to Gettysburg National Military Park, a place where 165,000 soldiers met to fight for their beliefs. Visit the Gettysburg Museum of the Civil War, housing one of the largest collections of Civil War artifacts. Watch “A New Birth of Freedom” before viewing the dramatic Cyclorama. Enjoy a delicious farewell lunch at the historic colonial Dobbin House Tavern. Tour the Gettysburg Battlefield with a licensed Battlefield Guide who will lead us back in history to this hallowed ground. Check in to our hotel and have time to explore downtown Gettysburg on your own. We depart for home the next morning with many fond memories.
PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Five nights hotel accommodations (2 nights Philly, 2 nights Lancaster & 1 night Gettysburg)
- 9 Meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
- 6 days deluxe motor coach transportation (including gratuities)
- A tour of historic Philadelphia with services of a local step-on guide (including gratuities)
- Admission to Independence Hall, Betsy Ross House and Christ Church
- Liberty Bell, Elfreth’s Alley and Reading Terminal Market
- Admission to the American Revolution Museum
- Free Time at Kitchen Kettle Village
- Amish Farmlands Tour, Amish Quilt & Craft Shop and a Chalk Talk Presentation
- Free time in the town of Lititz
- Reserved main floor seats for Daniel at Sight & Sound Theatre
- Services of a local step-on tour guide in Amish Country (including gratuities)
- Admission to the Gettysburg Museum of the Civil War
- Admission to the Gettysburg National Park and Battlefield
- Services of a local step-on licensed battlefield tour guide (including gratuities)
- Fully escorted by bank personnel
- Snacks & water
NOTE: Travel Insurance is optional and highly recommended, contact Kim for details