Equity Builder Program
Buying a Home? Grant funds up to $15,000 are available!
We are proud to offer grant funds to assist eligible homeowners with up to $15,000 in down-payment and closing costs. The Program is available on a first-come, first-served basis to households with incomes at or below 80 percent of HUD Area Median Income based on the property location.
Details & Conditions
- Recipients must attend homebuyer education counseling program.
- First time homebuyers or those who have not owned a home in the last three years are eligible.
- Must be combined with a Vermont Housing Finance Agency first mortgage loan.
- Homebuyer must contribute $500 towards down payment.
- Eligible units include single-family, owner-occupied units that are intended as the primary residence of the home buyer as well as owner-occupied 1-4 family properties, townhouses or condominiums and modular homes.
- Property must be located in National Bank of Middlebury lending area.
- Grants are subject to a five-year retention agreement to ensure that properties are retained as affordable.
- All program eligibility requirements must be met.
Interested? Please contact us at 877-508-8455!
Member of and funded by FHLB Boston.